Packing and Unpacking Services
To pack or not to pack? That is the question for many who are moving. With so much to do and so many tasks to check off, packing up an entire household can seem like just another hassle to add to an already stressful relocation process. Thankfully, for those with time constraints, enlisting a professional moving company to box up everything before the move is an option. However, hiring packers will certainly come with additional costs! To help you figure out whether or not to hire professional packers, we’ve put together a quick look at the pros and cons of this decision. We are happy to give you a quick quote on doing the packing.
Here are the Pros:
- Less stress – It goes without saying: leaving the packing to others is going to take a lot of the stress off your shoulders. Hiring packers will save you time and energy, so you can focus on more important things – like working, taking care of your kids and preparing for the move.
- In addition to emotional stress, hiring packers will prevent physical stress as well. You won’t have to lift a finger when it comes to heavier items (i.e. televisions, artwork and side tables) – saving you from back pain and strained muscles.
- You’ll save A LOT of time – For many, time is one of the most important factors when deciding whether or not to hire packers. Packing up an entire household could take you months. While professional packers could potentially pack everything up in a few days. If you work around the clock, you probably won’t have extra time on weekends to box everything up. After all, packing your house is a very tedious process. Not only do you have to properly protect all of your belongings in bubble wrap, newspaper and foam but you also have to construct moving boxes and carefully load them well before the move date. Those who have to move quickly will also benefit immensely from hiring packers. With all the things moving at the last minute requires, the last thing you want to worry about is packing your things perfectly. On the other hand, if you have the time (i.e. work part-time or have the weekends free) then packing your own things may make more financial sense.
- You won’t have to search for moving supplies – Good news! By hiring professional packers you won’t have to search high and low for moving supplies. From bubble wrap and boxes to packing tape and foam cushioning, your packers will bring the very best moving supplies and equipment to ensure all of your belongings are properly protected and boxed up securely.
- Damage-proof – Without a doubt, hiring reputable professionals to box up your belongings will be more efficient than doing it yourself. Given that professional packers are – professionals – you’ll likely end up at your new home without damaged or broken items. Remember: professional packers are trained! Chances are, they’re more knowledgeable than you of the most efficient ways to properly pack household items – and they’ll do it all with the very best moving supplies.
- It’s expensive – The number one reason people opt to not hire professional packers to box up their home is the money factor. After all, hiring movers to pack you – on top of already moving you – is going to cost at least a few extra hundred bucks. If you’re embarking on a local move, you’ll most likely have to pay your movers for the extra man-hours and supplies. If you’re moving long distance, you may end up paying a flat-rate for everything. Of course, rates vary from moving company to moving company. So make sure to ask how much they charge per hour per mover and how long those packing services typically take.
- Less control – For those who prefer to do everything themselves, hiring packers may not be the best decision. When you hand over the packing duties to someone else, you relinquish control over a big part of the process. Keep in mind you won’t necessarily be able to control how a packer wraps and protects your belongings. You also won’t be the one deciding what goes in which box. For instance, packers might box up your dinnerware with your flatware or barware, when you’d much rather pack these items separately. If you do decide to hire packers, make sure you give them as much guidance as possible about what should go where.
- It’s impersonal – From sentimental items to valuable belongings, having strangers sift through your things can just feel downright weird. Many prefer to pack up their valuables and especially personal belongings themselves. Before opening your doors (and cabinets) to professional packers, you need to be sure you can trust them completely. I recommend thoroughly researching a moving company before hiring them for the job of packing. When choosing a trustworthy moving company, make sure to check reviews and ratings first.